You may be reading this because your precious baby has died just hours ago, a few days ago or it may be months or even years. Whatever your circumstances, we are so sorry you find yourself here. We want you to know that you are not alone. We are here for you on this painful journey and will walk with you until you can see in colour again.
Professionals & Supporters
Your support and assistance with our work with the families is invaluable and we will support you as best we can. This may be through training, information sharing, organising a joint visit to a family or perhaps you wish to fundraise for us. We hope you find lots of information here but please contact us should you wish further support.
SANDS Lothians has been our lifeline since our daughter was stillborn at 29 weeks last year.
The support they provide to bereaved families is immeasurable. Our very first phone call made such a huge impact on us, as well as receiving amazing practical advice about funeral arrangements, our emotions were suddenly validated – it was ok and normal for us to be feeling not only devastation and heartache but also huge amounts of love and pride for our beautiful little girl. SANDS Lothians is so special, their support is family and person-centred and entirely tailored to each family’s individual needs, not only when newly bereaved but throughout our lives. As bereaved parents themselves, they are in a unique position to understand and empathise with those of us who access their services and know all too well there is no “right and wrong” when it comes to grief. It’s horrible that such a charity has to exist but thank goodness that it does!
- December 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Craiglockhart Centre
- 8th January 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Craiglockhart Centre
- 8th January 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Carmondean Business Units
- 10th January 2018 @ 7:45 pm - 9:45 pmat Craiglockhart Centre|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on 14th February 2018 at 7:45pm
- 16th January 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Craiglockhart Centre
- 18th January 2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm at Leaf And Bean Cafe
- 30th January 2018 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am at Jaks Den