If you’re looking at this page you’ve probably decided that you want to raise money for SANDS Lothians! We love the idea that people know about us and have perhaps benefited from our services, yet we are conscious that this experience has probably come at a huge emotional cost. We are always grateful for the generosity of people like you, and whether your fundraising is big, medium-sized or small, it is these gifts that allow us to help others.
Here you will find information and ideas to help you get started – don’t worry, though, our involvement won’t end here. We are always happy to help in any way we can (even though we are a small team!) so whether you are entering a fun run, selling your grand-children’s home-made cakes or jumping out of a plane (it has happened!) we’ll support you
Can’t think what to do, try these…
- Sporty SANDS – Edinburgh Marathon Festival, Pedal for Scotland, Supernova. There are loads of organised runs, walks, cycle rides etc which you can enter. For some of these we can help cover the cost of entry (see FAQ’s) and you are (almost) guaranteed to have a great time
- Memory SANDS - If you have lost a baby recently, you might want to set up a memorial page and share with friends and family. This is a good way of getting others to support you at this incredibly difficult time and allows others to show their support. Friends and family often don't know what to say or do but they know that by donating in memory of your little baby will allow SANDS Lothians to continue to support bereaved families.
- Extreme SANDS – Tough Mudder, Survival of the Fittest etc, Mountain climbing (Kiliminjaro), ultra-marathons, long-distance cycling, record-breaking challenges, 3 Peaks, West Highland Way. If you are thinking big why not follow in the footsteps of some of the above – short events with a twist, or longer expeditions which nobody has thought of before!
- Scary SANDS – Of course, to really impress your friends you could do a skydive, or bunjee jump off a bridge (why not plan something spectacular whilst on your holidays?), or even arrange a wingwalk. Think crazy – people love to support events like this!
- Sugary SANDS – If runs and jumps and pedalling aren’t for you there is always a trusty bake sale or coffee morning. You could treat your office to a lunchtime cake stall and get some colleagues to help provide the stock, or you could get a local venue like a Community Centre or Church Hall to support us during a coffee morning.
- Personal SANDS – If you want to use fundraising for us as motivation for a personal goal why not set yourself a fitness or weight-loss challenge? Perhaps you could use a weekly Parkrun near you or a personal trainer to improve your PB, or get your friends and family to support you in a sponsored diet? After all, why shouldn’t you benefit from all your efforts as much as we will!?